VI NATIONWIDE FESTIVAL OF FOLK GROUPS
''KUYAVIAN CORONET” COMPETITION
”Brewery B.” is financed from the resources of Włocławek City Hall
Song and Dance Ensemble ''Kujawy”
''Brewery B.” Cultural Centre
- popularisation of folklore in rural and urban communities
- protection of authentic folklore
- confrontation of folkloric bands
- exchange of ideas and experiences in the field of working with children and adult folk ensembles
- integration of the artistic community
- consultation with specialists
- children's folkloric ensembles
- folkloric song and dance ensembles (aged 14-19)
- student song and dance ensembles
The assumption of the festival
Duration of presenting programme for particular categories:
- children's folkloric ensembles (up to 15 min)
- folkloric song and dance ensembles (up to 15 min)
- student song and dance ensembles (up to 15 min)
The jury appointed by the organizers will evaluate:
- selection of the repertoire and its compatibility with the region
- general artistic expression
- the authenticity of a regional outfit
- musical composition, instrumental band composition
- technique of performing dances
- in case of short folk songs: dialect authenticity
Winners of the first, the second and the third place receive financial awards. The winner of the first prize in each category additionally receives a cup and a kuyavian coronet. After watching the presentations, the jury has the right not to award prizes if the criteria of the competition aren't at the appropriate level. The jury has also the right to award ex aequo, special awards and distinctions. The decision of the jury is final. Each team participating in the festival receives a commemorative diploma. After the presentation, before the results are announced , all team managers/instructors are asked to participate in discussing of the presentation.
The festival will take place on ..22 October, 2016 (Saturday).. in the venue of the Cultural Center “Brewery B.”, ul. Łęgska 28, 87-800 Włocławek.
Application forms should be sent by 30 September 2016 to the following address:
Information: Maciej Mielczarski- Head of Song and Dance Ensemble “Kujawy”,
phone: 799 111 032
- Transportation costs and accomodation costs are covered by the posting institutions</li> <li style="text-align: justify;">The organizer provides participants with cooling drinks and refreshments
- Accreditation is PLN 10 per each participant. Accreditation can be paid on a bank account: Centrum Kultury ,,Browar B.”, Bank Boś O/Włocławek, 79154010272102914264680001, add in writing ,,Akredytacja-Folklor” or pay at the ticket office of the ,,Brewery B.” Cultural Center just before the festival.
- The program of the festival, and other information the organizers will send to the submitted teams at a later date.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered
The organizer reserves the right to non-commercial publication of recordings and photographs from the festival on the website of Cultural Center “Brewery B.” and promotional materials of the festival.